IT Security Foundations - IT for Physical Security Professionals
This course was designed to meet the need of ASIS members and security professionals who seek better IT skills in support of their security scope. There is a fundamental difference between, effective uses of Information Technology in establishing and maintaining a complex security system, and the practices used specifically for securing Information Technology. Students will gain an in-depth foundation of IT, ranging from wireless technologies, surveillance, to SQL databases.
What you will learn
- Invaluable insights by networking with peers facing similar challenges.
- Proven strategies for protecting your security systems.
- Best practices on how to integrate IT systems with physical security tools.
- Identify effective approaches to analyze and assess security vulnerabilities, loss, and risk exposure.
Learners will gain competency in the following ASIS International approved topics:
- General Security Concepts - What you really need to know.
- Network Devices - How it all comes together.
- Network Tools - What they are and how they are used.
- Access Control - Recognize attacks and mitigate risk.
- Communication Security - Understand remote access and wireless technologies.
- Converged Security Systems - Secure networks with hardware and software.
- Cryptography - Decode algorithms, Public Key Access, standards, and protocols.
- Operational/Organizational Security - How physical security, disaster recovery, continuity, policies and procedures, forensics, and risk identification
What you receive