22301 BCMS Auditor
Mastering the Audit of a BCMS
This five day intensive course is based on ISO 22301.
This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to audit a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) and to manage a team of auditors by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques. During this training, the participant will acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to proficiently plan and perform internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 the certification process according to 17021. Based on practical exercises, the participant will develop the skills (mastering audit techniques) and competencies (managing audit teams and audit program, communicating with customers, conflict resolution, etc.) necessary to effenciently conduct an audit. This training is compatible with BS 25999 audit (Business continuity management specification) and ISO 27031 (Guidelines for information and communication technology readiness for business continuity).
Who should attend?
- Internal auditors
- Auditors wanting to perform and lead Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) certification audits
- Project managers or consultants wanting to master the Business Continuity Management System audit process
- Persons responsible for the Business continuity conformity in an organization
- Members of an business continuity team
- Expert advisors in information technology
- Technical experts wanting to prepare for an Business continuity audit function
- To acquire the expertise to perform an ISO 22301 or BS 25999 internal audit following ISO 19011 guidelines
- To acquire the expertise to perform an ISO 22301 or BS 25999 certification audit following ISO 19011 guidelines and the specifications of ISO 17021
- To acquire the expertise necessary to manage a BCMS audit team
- Understanding the operation of the Business Continuity Management System in accordance with ISO22301, ISO 27031 or BS 25999
- To understand the relationship between a Business Continuity Management System, including risk management, controls and compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organization
- To improve the ability to analyze the internal and external environment of an organization, risk assessment and audit decision-making in the context of a BCMS
- This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playings and oral presentations
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation
- Practice test similar to the certification exam
- To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited
|Schedule by Day|
Day 1: Introduction to Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) concepts as required by ISO 22301
|Day 2: Planning and Initiating an ISO 22301 audit
|Day 3: Conducting an ISO 22301 audit
|Day 4: Concluding and ensuring the follow-up of an ISO 22301 audit
|Day 5: Certification Exam|
Examination and certification
The “Certified ISO 22301 Lead Auditor” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of business continuity
- Domain 2: Business Continuity Management System (BCMS)
- Domain 3: Fundamental Audit Concepts and Principles
- Domain 4: Preparation of an ISO 22301 audit
- Domain 5: Conducting of an ISO 22301 audit
- Domain 6: Closing an ISO 22301 audit
- Domain 7: Managing an ISO 22301 audit program
This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to audit a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) and to manage a team of auditors by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques.
This five-day intensive course enables the participants to develop an expertise to support an organization in implementing an...