ISMS Lead Auditor Course
This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the expertise needed to audit an Information Security Management System (ISO 27001) and to manage a team of auditors by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques.
During the training, the participant will acquire the knowledge needed to plan and perform audits compliant with the certification process of standard 27001:2005. Based on practical exercises, the participant will be able to develop the abilities (mastering audit techniques) and skills (managing audit teams and audit program, communicating with customers, conflict resolution, etc.) necessary to the conduct of an audit.
The training is based on management system audit guidelines (ISO 19011:2002) as well as international audit best practices: the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) and the Institute of Internal Auditor (IIA). An audit kit developed by experienced auditors will be distributed to participants.
- Understanding the application of the information security management system in the ISO 2701:2005 context.
- Understanding the relationship between the information security management system, including the management of risks and controls, and the various stakeholders.
- Understanding audit principles, procedures and techniques, and being able to apply them in an ISO 27001 audit framework.
- Understanding the legal, statutory, regulatory or contract obligations relevant during an ISMS audit.
- Acquiring the personal skills required to perform an audit in an effective and cost-effective manner, and managing an audit team.
- Preparing and completing an audit report ISO 27001.
Who should participate?
- Person wanting to lead ISO 27001 certification audits as the person in charge of an audit team.
- Consultant wanting to prepare and support a company in an audit certification ISO 27001.
- Internal advisor to a company or internal auditor who wants to prepare and support his company in a certification audit ISO 27001.
- Person in charge of information security or conformity internally for the organization.
- Expert advisor in information technology.
|Schedule by Day|
Day 1: Introduction to the management of an Information Security Management System based on ISO 27001
|Day 2: Launching an ISO 27001 audit
|Day 3: Conducting an ISO 27001 audit
|Day 4: Closing an ISO 27001 audit
|Day 5: Certification Exam|